Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The word "Love" to the Power of 10



I love my friendships. I love being able to talk, share stories, laugh, and have good times with people. One of the things that I've been very very grateful for is having such good friends that I know I can count on "in sickness and health, in good times and bad times, for rich or poor" Oh wait we can't get married. shoot.

One of the things I think that is hard to do when you become an adult is making friends. Sometimes its easy for me. I'll meet someone and we'll just click. My friend Tamara who I met out here in Georgia I already feel like is a family member. (she's like my **"brother" from another mother) From day one I just felt so lucky and blessed to have her. Because I feel like she gets me and I get her. What an awesome feeling.

Sometimes its hard. Honestly I'd be friends with every one in the world if I could. Maybe even...I don't know... Britney Spears? I'd be like "Yo Britney Heavenly Father loves you, and I love you cause we are like his spirit children so that makes you my sister, and I'll help you get your kids back and maybe we could go get a pedicure. wanna play bunko?"

Actually I don't know if I could be friends with Britney... (the papparazi follow me around enough as is.) But you know what I'm saying :)

I always want to improve relationships, by becoming a better friend, supporting a person, laughing with someone, sharing feelings... I honestly love having friends.
I try not to make someone feel bad or not welcome... or offend someone. but I think thats a really hard thing to do because we all say things that are offensive at times. but when it comes down to it it really isn't intentional. so I am sorry if I've ever been a jerky jerk.

As I'm becoming more of an adult I try to recognize people as they are, who they are trying to become, and love them and appreciate that just as it is.

Having friends and family love you for who you are, for the good, the bad, (the ugly?) is a tremendous blessing. (I'm totally tearing up right now) (just thought you should know... maybe you'll be able to shed some tears too... such a release:)

Dear family and friends (which definitely includes bloggy friends!!!),

Thank you for everything. I love having you in my life. I love spending time with you and for all the support you give me. I count my family and friends in the nearest dearest place in my heart. I have had good times in my life, I've had rough times in my life... but all along you love me for just the way I am :)

Here's to friendships, old and new, and yet to become.



love, Shellie




And....



end scene.


bow
wipe a tear
and bow again.


:)

**sister just doesn't rhyme

14 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I completely agree with it being so hard to make friends as an adult. It was so much easier as kids when you were 'forced' into social situations like school, and extra cirricular activities. Now all I have is work and its not easy to get a lasting friendship built during the workday. Good idea thanking the friends you have :)

Taylor Anne Vail said...

I agree! I love you too and an glad to count you as one of my friends.

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Awww Shellie! Shucks! Seriously though, I feel like we're bosom blog buddies! You better let me know when you come into town so we can kick it!
I must also say ditto to your post. It's a lot harder making friends as an adult!
Anyway, all in all I think you're the greatest, funniest, hottest Georgian around!

kristen said...

aw that was sweet! I know I don't know you "in real life" but if you're as cool as Lisa is, then I'm sure you're pretty cool! Oh, and you're definitely the coolest person I know that lives in Georgia!

Natalie said...

I can't imagine you having a hard time making friends! You have a way about you that makes people want to get to know you better...I've only met you once and I'm a smitten kitten! :)

Can't wait for another bunko night.

btw, your link to my blog doesn't work anymore cuz I changed it in order to not be private. I've lost all my inhibitions and want the world to see me again! The new address is: happyhavoc.blogspot.com

Leah said...

It is definately hard to make friends as an adult. I see plenty of other adults in coming and going from my son's preschool, or dealing with the bus stop for my daughter, and out running errands, but the problem falls more in where is the TIME to spend as FRIENDS with these people, when we're all always rushing off to the next thing, and heading home for dinner, etc. Weekends are more relaxed than the weekdays, but those are the days we try to keep for our family to spend time together (because then Dan's actually around and not at work). It's a tricky thing, making, building, and keeping friendships!

have I mentioned I love your blog?

Lisa K said...

Are you pregnant?

Kaci said...

Awhhh I totally agree I just moved to Ohio a year ago and anita friend like bad!! I mean I have a neighbor who we are kinda friends but not like super close I'll blow your nose for you friend.

Our Family said...

You are so cool, I wish I could be you... I don't know why, ma bey it is having mostly brothers.... I just don't know how to share emotion, and stuff like that. But I completely agree with everything you said, and know just how you feel. There is nothing like a good laugh and really having a great true friend. Thanks for helping me today!
Brytlee turned 1 in February... so that makes her 14 months. How old is your bumblebee?
Jill

Kate said...

You have friends?? ha ha.
love you.
I'm a little hurt that you didn't mention my name on your blog as your sister kick-boxing/bad self tan soul mate, but I'll get over it tonight when I'm eating fat free icecream with you. You'll definitey have to let me go first on the makeup to "make it up" to me. get it? duuuuuuhhhh. Seriously...I know you've been worried about offending people and being careful what you put on your blog or on your comments, but, you just need to BE YOU, and if someone gets offended...it's their fault.

Jen said...

I completely agree. It's very hard to make friends especially IRL. Women are so dang catty sometimes.

Anonymous said...

My favorite "Friend" is Ross.


... but my favorite "Lostee" is Locke, my favorite "Idol" is David Archuleta, and my favorite on "Seinfeld" is George.

Jessie said...

I agree with you all the way baby....I think that you are AWESOME! And I am glad that you moved to Georgia so we could be friends....

Anonymous said...

how about sister from another mister?