Sunday, April 13, 2008

See you real soon!

M I C "see you real soon!" K E Y "why because I love you"
M. O. U. S. Eeeeee!


Tomorrow we are going to Orlando Florida. (Flo Ride A! to some of you...Lisa...Kendra!!!) and we are meeting up with my dad, stepmom, and little sister.

I am so excited. I think I'm the most most excited... even over the kids. Well Kate doesn't have a clue and Dallen is presently out of the Disney stage now that he is addicted to Transformers a.k.a "Kid Crack" (but I think that will change when we get there)

I went to Disneyland with my family when I was 3 and I do have some wonderful memories. Two of which that involve my cousin *Mewissa (name has been changed to protect the innocent.)
side note---
Mewissa was a beautiful child. Beautiful blonde hair, big eyes, cute wee little button nose. (everyone sigh) She was really a little doll. I on the other hand was not I picked my boogers, I had shaggy hair, and a stout little body, not an ugly kid by any means... but well... just not Mewissa.

baby cinderella










So I have 4 memories from Disneyland when I was 3.

1. "It's a Small World" ride - that is the only Disney related memory

2. Opening my uncle chad's contact lense case and bathing my baby doll with the solution that was inside...along with rubbing the contacts all over the baby which made them tear and totally unusable. Sorry Uncle Chad!

3. My cousin Mewissa locking me out on the balcony of the condo we were staying at and saying "You can't come in if you aren't a Murdock!!!" (LOL I can still see you with your hand on your hips and shaking your finger at me)

4. Mewissa had a new doll that crawled whenever you stuck the binky in its mouth. It was sitting on the bed and I went to play with it but it quickly got taken away by her because you guessed it...I wasn't a Murdock :)


In Mewissa's defense we were only 3 years old and she was and still is a very sweet person. Love ya!

13 comments:

Our Family said...

That will be so much fun!!! can I come???
We lived in Florida for a little while, and we were only a hour away from Disney World!!! We went a lot, and I miss it so much. I really loved sea world also! They had a bunch of fun rides, and no lines!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Have tons of fun! I want to go there one of these days!

Leah said...

LOL! Have fun! I think we're heading there in Feb 2010. Not planning ahead or anything... more just wishful thinking at this point.

What the heck is a Murdock anyway??

also known as shell said...

Jill- yes you can come. Pack your bags and your minnie mouse ears :)

Emily- You can come to

Leah- The Murdock's are my family on my mom's side :)

I am truly a Murdock though... I cry at everything and love to make video montages put to music :)

Taylor Anne Vail said...

I am so excited for you! So did you decide to take Kate with you? I am going to have to agree with Jill I loved sea world! Your going to come back refreshed and tan! YEAH!

Kendra said...

You are seriously hilarious! You did a great job at church today:) I hope you guys have a blast in Disney and that there are no more contact mishaps!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Fun! I have so many great memories of Disneyland! Have fun!!!

Sorry for the lame comment...I couldn't think of anything fun to say...blah

Jessie said...

Take me there!! I want to come...
I hope that you guys have a GREAT time!!
That contact story is pretty AWESOME!! try not to do that again on this trip :)

Lisa K said...

I love the reference that Murdocks cry a lot and make video montages put to music...so true!

And how do you have such vivid memories from age 3? Crazy.

Kate said...

So, I haven't read your blog in over a week b/c I've been at Disney and you have like 50 new posts...I'll comment on them, I swear...I just have to make time to read them! you're the blogging queen! I know you're having a blast right now. I wish we could have stayed longer. We had so much fun. Try not to ask the Little Mermaid where she is from b/c she'll look at you like you're a dork and say "under the sea silly!"

Anonymous said...

It was the summer 1985 Shell, so you would have been 4 and a half.

That's still pretty little.

Anonymous said...

I came over from Laughing Leah's blog and I sure like your style.
I shall read daily : )

gma and gpa M said...

Hey Shell,
You are a riot. We love reading your blogs. Those pic's of you and Mewissa are very funny.
Have a great time at Disney World. I'm sure Dallen will love it.
See you on your blog
Love, gpa and gma M