Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Martha Stewart Soul is dead.

I realized today that any Martha Stewart I thought I still had in me is dead. Because of this conversation with Dallen.

"Hey Dallen we need to get that birthday present over to Isabella's today"

"Okay"

"We'll need to wrap it"

Dallen who is standing by the sink grabs a target bag out for me.
"Here mom"


Yep around here we wrap presents in the bag they came in. But I didn't think we did it that much that now our 5 year old think thats how its done! That this is how people around the world present gifts from the heart to the ones they love. I'm such a turd. I'm sorry to have let you down mom... you at least had it together enough to wrap our presents in the funnies.
But it is true that at Christmas time Chad's presents to me and my presents to him were in Target bags. (But to his credit he did put a couch pillow over top the bags on the floor so that I had to first pick the pillow up and then untie the target bags) (And to my credit I did triple knot his bags... added to the suspense!!!)

9 comments:

Shan @ Design Gal said...

At least the Target bags are colorful- red and white nice!

I've wrapped a few presents in paper grocery sacks, but due to my pride, I put the logo on the inside (facing the gift).

Either way, it's the gesture...oh, and what's inside the wrapping that matters most right? hehe

Taylor Anne Vail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor Anne Vail said...

PS... I LOVE you family photo..you look beauty-ful!

Jen said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who does that. I had to force myself to buy a gift bag for my daughter's friend over the weekend just so I wouldn't look cheap/lazy.

Natalie said...

I have always been like that! I see the pretty wrapped gifts and think, "Oh...that's pretty" and then "How much did they spend on wrapping that goes in the trash?!" Luckily, the girls have enough parties so that I can reuse all the gift bags. I am rarely out of recylable gift bags with four kids...it's why I have so many kids- for the gift bags. :)

Lisa K said...

I never put bows or tags on presents anymore. I used to be on top of the ribbon thing, but then I ran out and I'm too lazy to replenish.

Our Family said...

Hey, I have a bad memory, but I do remember having clothes on... I know that because I went to choir class dripping wet, and my pants had shrunk and were very uncomfortable wet! The teacher was really mad at me because I was dripping water all over the floor, and I was sent to the principles office. But who knows, I was such a wild child with ADD, that could have been another time...
And about the gift in the bag... It is the thought that counts right! (that is what I was always taught) I think it is so funny when you go and buy a present, and then spend just as much money on the paper, bow, and other junk you put on it to make it presentable!
Jill

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Hey where did your comment thing go that was on the top of your page? I thought that was hilarious!!!

Kate said...

You just made me feel so much better about my recycled and torn up gift bags that I put people's presents in!!! hahaha. Thanks!