Monday, April 28, 2008

Nekkid

Actually there could be several titles for this post. Some of which are.

"Wanna have motivation to lose weight? Get seen Naked by some Dude."

"The Weirdest Pep Talk I'll Ever Get"

"Oh HELLO! DIDN'T see you there Peeping Tom! Nice to meet you I'm Shellie."

"Guys I just saw that LADY naked" High Fives all around

So yeah I was seen naked this past summer by someone other than my husband. That someone being some dude I don't know. And yes I mean full on BUTT NAKED. By some DUDE! During DAY LIGHT!
(and ya'll know Day Light is the worse light to get seen naked)

Here's the story.

We moved to Atlanta in June 2007 into an apartment complex. Our apartment was on the 3rd floor surronded by trees. Now if you've never been to the south you got to know that when you have trees around you its like a natural curtain... A green leafy natural curtain... You can't see anything beyond those leaves. So it got me quite comfortable in leaving our blinds open 24/7.

One day we got a notice on our door saying that the apartments exterior were going to be repainted. For the next two weeks we were advised to keep things off our balcony and keep our blinds closed for privacy. I followed those rules for 2 weeks. Then Week 3 I noticed that the painters had moved all their supplies to the next building. But during week 3 I still left the blinds closed during the day. Just in case.

Now fast forward to the end of week 3... I was dying without light in our house. You know how apartments get... they are already small and gloomy. and in the south sometimes houses can get very musty with all the humidity. Oh and did I mention that Indians lived in our apartment before we did? No?
and did I mention their cooking smells permeated the walls, *our clothing, *our HAIR? Sheesh everytime I swear I walked into our place it smelled like one big saffron curry bomb went off. and I mean that in a bad way.

Now add the humidity to that smell and its like asking yourself

"Is this how I want to die? Being overcome with moldy curry, pass out, go into coma, dr's proclaim me a vegtable, so they pull the plug?"

I didn't think so! SO ANYWAY back to the nudity
(as Lisa and Shannon would say Yeowza!)

On this particular summer day Shellie decides to open her blinds all the way up! to let the sunshine that is filtering through the natural green leafy curtain to warm her house and soul. She cleans all morning as busy as a bee and then puts her child down for her nap. Seeing that she now has 2 hrs to herself and finally time to shower....

So I take a shower and after I get out I go to my dresser to get dressed. No big deal...

Out of the corner of my eye I see a flash of movement. I look over. There is a dude's face right there. I literally could reach my arm out (not even really reach) More like LIFT my arm! and tap his face. We didn't make eye contact because when I turned my head he looked away. He was on a ladder (3rd floor remember) and holding a paint brush.

I don't EVEN remember what happened next. I think I BLACKED out... oh I do remember trying to cover my huge A$$ (you can swear if you do things like that) with my hands as I ran to the bathroom.

I finally came too, probably after a couple of hours, a couple of days... who knows. I got my cell phone which had been charging in the bathroom and called Chad.
Here's where weird pep talk comes in.
"HONEEEEY! I just got seen naked by some duuuuuuude!"
"WHAT!"
so then I tell what happened.



"He's going to go tell all his coworker buddies that he just saw some fat lady naked"
"No he won't he'll say he saw some lady naked"

"No he won't he'll be like I just saw some fat chick and it was disgusting"

"No he probably got really turned on"

"Really?"

"Yeah honey its okay I'm sure all his buddies are giving him high fives right now"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah honey... its okay... he probably thought you were hot"

"Okay"

"Do you feel better?"

"Yeah I guess so"


So then I looked at myself in the mirror, turned around, pretended like I was running while covering my butt with my hands... ewww sick.that did not look pleasant Come on you know you've all done it... what you haven't turned around and seen what your butt looks like when you are walking or running? Just me? whatever I don't believe you.

Thats when it clicked for me. I have to lose some weight. This jelly I've got going on has GOT TO GO! So the next day I enrolled at L.A. weight loss. Paid a hefty penny. Lost 9 lbs in a month, then I gained some back, then I lost some, and gained... but now guess what? I've lost 20lbs since June 2007!

Thanks dude.




*I made that part up

29 comments:

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...

So just for the record, I get credit for half of the weight loss due to my l33t pep talk skillz.

aaron and allee said...

I love that you illustrated your story! I would have been mortified if that had happened to me. The guy would have to go on workers' compensation for being blinded and then falling off his ladder. Thanks for sharing your funny story! You look great and I love your get strong stay strong blog.

Kaci said...

LOL! Niiiiiiiiiiiice picture!! I too am guilty of walkin around nekkid!! LOL! You go girl 20 lbs is awesome...or was that made up I'm confused...doesn't take much.

Leah said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! Oh, I think I would be traumatized for life. I'm already sure that people are trying to peek in my windows; having it actually HAPPEN would clinch it forever, the blinds would never open again... LOL!!!

That drawing is hilarious!!!

And I don't know if the whole story itself is funnier, or the little "I made this up" at the end about the hair/clothes smelling... ha ha haha ha ha ha!

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

also known as shell said...

kaci you have to follow the astrick! :)

Yep 20lbs I started out at L.A. Weight loss at 163 and now I'm 141.8

so I guess actually I've lost 21.2lbs!

Here's to 11.8 more

Lisa K said...

Joe gets mad at me because I never shut the blinds. I figure it's my neighbors punishment, not mine, if they see me nekkid.

Just remember that unless you are the first naked woman he's ever seen, he probably didn't think it was that big of a deal.

also known as shell said...

with a name like luigi he's probably seen tons of women naked.

Anonymous said...

Just remember that unless you are the first naked woman he's ever seen, he probably didn't think it was that big of a deal.

You just keep thinking that.

No Curtains? How YOU doin'?

Rachel said...

This story made my day. I swear Shellie, you should write a book about your life-it'd be a best seller-you totally have what it takes-or just publish your blog :)

Shan @ Design Gal said...

LOL! I am lauging my a$$ off! (yes, I'm one of those peeps that swears...but only sometimes...)
Oh so funny! You have inspired me to share a funny nekkid story as well! I wonder how long he was looking at you? I would have left a note on the window facing outside that said "You're Welcome"

Oh, and you could make a FORTUNE illustrating pictures for peoples stories they put on their blogs! Love it!!!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

And YOU GO GIRL! 20 lbs is awesome! I need to get my badonkadonk butt in high gear!

I also ditto about having the blinds open- I NEED natural sunlight!

bv said...

Wow! You are one talented author AND one amazing illustrator! You seriously need to write a book or something! I heart you <3

Yes, fate!

Kate said...

I've heard that story before, but am still laughing about it. You are so funny!!! I love the "drawring". How do you even do that? You'll have to show me. I'm soooo proud of you for your weight loss. I didn't realize that you had lost 21 pounds!! Wow. You're my inspiration....I'm singing Chicago right now to you..la la la.
So, I've GAINED weight since June. 7 pounds. You need to make sure I work my a$$ off tonight at kickboxing.

Leah said...

PS I swear, I did NOT stage that last picture... LOL I walked in there and found him that way and burst out laughing. I wasn't surprised to find him on the floor the first night in his new bed, but I WAS surprised to find him snuggled up with his pillow... LOL!

Kaci said...

Ooooo sorry lil slow today...it's Monday get off my back!

Natalie said...

My kids came running to see why I was crying and laughing at the same time! I picture Luigi with his paintbrush frozen in midair and his jaw dropped! Straight out of a movie...so funny!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

You are a much better illustrator than me! And every time I read this story I pee a little from laughing so hard!

also known as shell said...

actually Natalie he also had drool coming out of his mouth too... or maybe it was foam because he went retarded... i'm not quite sure

Jessie said...

What a great story....

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Shell how do I get people to leave me 20 comments on my blog? I have comment envy...

Our Family said...

I will lift my cheeks, so it makes me look like I don't have the cheese on my legs.... Yea, I think we all do the cover the butt thing...
I need to get some kind of motivation to lose weight, but for some reason I can't stop eating lately... I need your strength!

Betsy Hart said...

LOVE IT!!! And the drawing shows the story quite perfectly. And I agree, looks like luigi. lol.

On a sidenote, thanks for commenting on my blog :)

Beeswax said...

I think the best part when when you practiced running while holding your arse. And then you told us about it. And then you drew us a picture of it.

So then I had to comment on it. Because it is awesome.

The Carter Family said...

You are awsome. I love reading all of your stories. Although it makes my life seem VERY boring!! Hopefully I don't get seen nekkid anytime I still have too much baby wieght to loose.

Taylor Anne Vail said...

loved this post! You were probably the highlight of that guys day...or year! Seriously.

Jen said...

LMAOLMAOLMAO omg I love the footnote! And the drawing...Definitely made the story work it. LOL

brooke! said...

For the record, I've never tried walking or running while looking at my butt in a mirror. I do look at my butt to see if it looks any better -- I'll try the walking/running part now. Thanks for the new idea :)

Unknown said...

Ok I don't know you - but I have to tell you that I am crying. I am at work just surfing the internet and came across your blog - I was in tears and laughing so hard in my office that others around me were asking what was so funny. So I had to share - thanks for the comic relief at work today!!