Thursday, February 28, 2008

Feeding the Homeless

Homeless




During my first semester at UVSC in Orem Utah I got a phone call from my brother Austin.

"Hey do you want to go with me tonight to a service project and feed the homeless?" He asked. "SURE!" I said. "Okay I'll pick you up at 6pm. Wear a nice pair of black pants and white shirt" "Okay!"


I remember thinking why would the homeless care what I wore? But I got ready and he picked me up at 6pm. So then we pulled into UVSC's parking lot... and I thought "oh I guess the college is doing a service for homeless people here" We walked in and the gym was set up for a major dinner. Ice sculptures everywhere, 100 tables with linens,and a band was setting up. I looked over at Austin with a big question mark on my face!

Thats when he admitted... it wasn't a homeless dinner... but an alumni dinner for UVSC and he being in DECA needed to find people to help serve. Thats where I came in. I had a great time actually and wasn't at all mad for being tricked.




Look for an upcoming post all about Me, My brother, and A Homeless Hitchhiker!